The advances made in dentistry are astounding ,and technology allows us to do things that we at one point couldn’t even imagine. At Smile Center we are proud to offer procedures using only the latest in dental technology. We take pride in offering our patients the latest advances in dental care so that you get the smile you want in a way that is not only convenient and comfortable but also of the highest quality.
Our team believes that providing the best possible dental care requires staying on top of all of the innovations made in dentistry which is why we’ve committed ourselves to continuing our education so that we can offer you the latest procedures and up to the minute advice.
We are always on a quest to bring you the state-of-the-art technology in dentistry while maintaining old fashioned values when it comes to patient care. We understand that technology is only a part of providing you with the best in dental care which is why we take the time to listen to your concerns and work with you to create the healthy and beautiful smile of your dreams.
Digital x-rays, or digital radiography is a form of x-ray imaging that uses electronic sensors rather than photographic film. These sensors are used by a computer to instantly generate digital images that can be viewed or enhanced by Dr. Asaf, allowing him to detect problems easier than was possible with traditional film x-rays. Digital x-rays require less radiation to produce an image of similar contrast to conventional radiography.
Dental x-rays can be used to reveal a variety of conditions including:
- Decay between the teeth
- Abscesses or cysts.
- Poor tooth and root positions.
- Cancerous and non-cancerous tumors.
- Developmental abnormalities.
- Problems inside a tooth or below the gum line.
Dr. Asaf recommends a full mouth series of digital dental x-rays for new patients, and Bite-Wing x-rays for patients during checkup visits every six months.
Laser Cavity Detection
Our new KaVo DIAGNOdent® Permits use of minimally invasive treatments without unnecessary preparation. It allows the Dr. Asaf to see “hidden” cavities and stop them before they start.
- Is conservative by avoiding "exploratory" excavation of suspect teeth.
- Extremely accurate diagnostic aid. Proven to be over 90% accurate.
- Early detection of pathological changes that are undiagnosed by conventional examination methods (e.g. intial lesions, demineralization and changes in the enamel, fissure caries).
- No scratching probe: simple, fast and painless examination.
- No x-ray exposure.
- Intraoral Camera
- Chairside Monitor/Computer
- DVD players with Bose Headphones
- Digital Imaging
- Digital X-rays
- Electric Handpieces
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas)
- Soft Tissue Laser
Here at Encino Smile Center, we only use the best dental technology available to us. Rest assured that all of the procedures we offer are done using state of the art technologies that have proven to provide expected results.